The Bible is full of things that God wanted us to know
Yes. The Bible is full of the things that God wanted man to know. Certain faith leaders like to preach about our rights. Rights? We are saved by grace, and we get rights too? I wanted to find Scripture that laid out the rights of the children of God.
Has God given His children special rights for choosing to believe and follow Jesus Christ? Why have I never read that in my Bible? I must have missed something. When I read the Scriptures this is how I understand it.
I liken it to choosing to procreate. In choosing to bring life into this world, we choose to love our children and provide for their every need, sometimes every want, we discipline them, we love them, but are they rights? Not really. They are more like gifts that parents provide for their children. Haven’t we seen enough of what happens to children that don’t have parents, or parents that don’t care for them? My children receive what they need because they are my children, but they are by no means rights. When my first child turned 18, she started rebelling something horrible. I remember her accusing me of not wanting to help her. I was the parent and it was my responsibility to take care of her. When my 13-year-old daughter got pregnant, family and friends all weighed in on what I should do to resolve the matter. As if it was a simple matter. I chose to take responsibility for my grandchild. My grandchild received all the same benefits as my own child.
What did Jesus say about our needing proof of His identity, of His power? John 4:28 “Unless you people see signs and wonders, you will by no means believe.” Jesus knew from the beginning those who did not believe, and who would betray Him. John 6:64-70
So what do we receive if we choose to believe in Jesus Christ?
- Everlasting life John 3:16
- Living water John 4:14
- As true worshippers we shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth, because God is Spirit. That’s what the Father seeks.
- We receive the mission of reaping and sowing that for which we have not labored.
- True bread from heaven, the bread of life. John 6:32-40
- If we abide in His word, we are His disciples and we will know the truth, and the truth shall make us free. John 8:32
- If we abide in Him, we will bear much fruit, but without Him we can do nothing. John 15:5
- Peace John 14:27
- We get a Helper that abides in us.
- We get to ask for whatever we want in the name of Jesus, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. John 14:13
This scripture is taken to give credence to the prosperity theology, the name and claim it belief, and depending on what Bible version you read it sounds surely sounds like we can ask anything of God and He will grant it – just like a genie.
Keep reading “I see Pharisees” Part 3